GBA Gym Staff:
#1) ALL GAMES MUST STAY ON TIME! We all work together – coaches, refs, managers – but the manager and table is point on reminder about gyms being on time. Don’t let referees do it. Any late refs must be reported. One ref can start a game – no waiting on refs, even if you have to get a parent to jump in to start the game.
#2) Managers and staff must know all LEAGUE RULES
#3) Managers and staff must issue techs for uniform violations and players entered into the book after tip-off.
#4) PLEASE TEXT RYAN SCORES AS GAMES FINISH, 518-588-7166
#5) TWEET SCORES at half and end of game: @GothamhoopsNYC
#6) REPORT ANY UNWANTED BEHAVIOR FROM PLAYERS, COACHES, REFS, FANS
#7) Please check the FIRST AID KIT and let me know if any supplies are low.
#8) If you need help at table, ask for it early before parents or fans start criticizing you.
GYM MANAGER: You are the rule expert. Know the LEAGUE RULES and share them with the official.
• Setting up the gym if you are the opening manager
• Setting up the scorers table and scoreboard
• Setting up benches for both teams
• Ensuring the area is safe, secure and clean
• Schedule lists clock and book keepers for each game. If game does not have coverage it is up to assigned gym manager to ask for help from parent.
• Reporting Scores of each game you oversee
• Make Refs aware of that day’s gym schedule
• Report and late or missing referees
• Reminding refs and parents that games must be kept on schedule
• Any game that may run over our permit time, must be called or set to a shorter running time.
• Clearing up the gym if you are a closing manager
• Ensure all garbage is cleared from the gym
• Ensure all equipment is locked away and secure before leaving the gym
• Make sure you fill out the report sheet on referees who worked, scores, teams, notes on first aid, etc. or email entire report to Ryan by end of day
PROPER TABLE BEHAVIOR
• No talking to officials or coaches unless asked question in regards to game. Ex: How many fouls? How many time outs?
• Be sure to fully fill out score sheet with FULL TEAM NAME, DATE, SCORE and LOCATION OF GAME PLAYED.
• Send RYAN SCORES when game is finished
• If you are on twitter TWEET SCORES @GothamHOOPSNYC
• Instagram is gothambasketball
• Facebook is gothambasketball
Full links here: