Coaches and Directors,
Pre-Registration is OPEN for our Manhattan-based GBA 2018-2019 Season! We had 80 teams last year and are looking forward to another great season this winter. PLEASE note that once we have ALL registrations, we will work diligently to set a schedule that works for the number of teams we have and locations available. We cannot guarantee specific time slots, but will do our best to honor the requests you include on your registration form. See the list of locations we plan to use here.
See the anticipated schedule below the registration form.
More About the Season
- Early start is for December 7-8 and/or December 14-15.
- January 5-6 we resume after the holiday break – you can let us know which you prefer.
- Season ends in early March.
- Off for Christmas break and New Year’s. Off President’s Weekend. ON for MLK Jr Holiday.
- You can pick your weekends or work-around while registering.
See more about the FEES and GAMES below the Registration Form.
REGISTER and pay a deposit NOW to secure your spot.
*If your organization has multiple teams, you need to complete a registration form for EVERY team.*
Email email@example.com if you have questions.
•Boys’ Teams and Girls’ Teams – 10&U – $1,000 – at least 8 games guaranteed plus playoffs (winners and consolation if requested) Games are on Sat only 12-4 pm window for BOYS 8-10U (two clear division for ages 8-9 and ages 9-10), GIRLS play on Sundays 12-4 pm. It’s 4on4 on small courts in two gyms – great for the kids. All gyms upper west side. Specify the skill, ages, ability level of the teams upon registering.
• Boys’ Teams – 11&U-16&U – $1,200 for returners; $1,300 for new teams – at least 8 games guaranteed plus playoffs (only winners advance). Boys play 5-on-5 mostly on Sundays from 9-2 pm, but we do have 4-7 pm time slots for some Saturday games because some teams can only play on Saturday afternoons. Boys Gr 7 we try to avoid Saturday games. All gyms upper west side in most cases. See locations. Specify the skill, ages, ability level of the teams upon registering.
• Girls’ Teams – 11&U-16&U – $1,200 for returners; $1,300 for new teams – at least 8 games guaranteed plus playoffs (only winners advance). Girls play on SUNDAYS only until playoffs when we need Sat-Sun. Girls’ Gr 5-6 play mostly in the 9a-2p window and girls’ gr 7-10 play in 11a-4p window. Upper west side gyms and south Harlem at Milbank. Specify the skill, ages, ability level of the teams upon registering.
• All-Star Games – TBA – per board and financial approval.
$200 Deposit is due by Nov. 1. Full fees due by Nov. 15. Schedule to be completed by early December. Teams should be ready to play the weekend of Dec. 13-14 on short notice.
You’ll be able to register more than one team (grades 3-10/ages 9-16) and teams in different divisions once you’ve entered the system.
Leagues and Divisions
Boys 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U and 16U (no high school varsity players allowed) – Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org knows your concerns.
Girls 10U, 11U, 12U, 14U A and 14U B, and 16U (no high school varsity players allowed. On girls side with regard to varsity player status, it’s case-by-case basis, but only if the player is not getting in varsity games at school). Note that the girls grade 5-6 grade 7-8 – usually there is a clear A and clear B distinction (email email@example.com with your concerns).
- Prior to scheduling, we review all details you provide regarding the skill level of each team you are entering.
- We wait until all teams are filled in and combine your report on your team’s level with our knowledge on all participating teams in order to create the divisions, which may be split or altered depending on the number of registrations at each level.
- Even during the season, we review each weekend’s results for lopsided games and adjust the remaining schedule accordingly.
- If necessary, we add non-division games to provide additional competition or a needed confidence boost.
It’s due to this last extra, extremely time consuming weekly review process that we ask for flexibility and patience around slight changes week to week and division make ups.
How to pay? Mail your check made out to the tournament’s administrative support system: Mo’ Motion, Inc, 2214 Frederick Douglass Blvd #313, New York, NY 10026
PARENT-CAPTAINS or ASSISTANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO HELP WITH THE SCHEDULE.
REGULAR SEASON: Starts weekend of December 11 through March 12 (finals). Off before Xmas, for NYs and President’s Weekend.
Please spread the word to other teams.
Thank you for your time and interest in gothambasketball.org.
Gotham Basketball Association
This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the New York City Department of Education or the City of New York.